Coaching is a collaborative discovery process that inspires individuals to discover the power they have to improve their lives.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What does the coach do?
- Asks questions to more fully understand and explore concerns and issues
- Listens attentively to what is being said
- Stays focused on the individual’s thoughts, feelings, and goals
- Is objective and shares observations
- Partners with the individual to generate a plan of action
- Provides accountability for the individual
- Celebrates the individual’s successes
- Adheres to complete confidentiality
What does the individual do?
- Openly shares his or her thoughts and feelings
- Willingly explores new avenues to achieve his or her desired results
- Completes what he or she agreed to in the previous session
- Assumes full responsibility for his or her actions
How is coaching delivered?
- The coach and individual speak on the phone or in person
- The coach and individual usually speak on a weekly basis for an agreed upon number of sessions
- Lengths of sessions vary depending on the agreement